We’re building a Britain that offers everyone dignity and security in retirement.
If you’ve worked hard during your life, saved, paid your taxes and done the right thing, you deserve dignity and security when you retire.
It’s a key part of our long-term economic plan and it’s about the type of country we want to build: one where if you put in, you get out. And no one has put in as much as our elderly.
Our five commitments for dignity and security in retirement will:
- Reward those who have worked hard by continuing to increase the State Pension through the triple lock
- Reward saving by introducing a new single-tier pension
- Give people the freedom to invest and spend their pension however they like – and let them pass it on to loved ones tax-free
- Give everyone the help they deserve in later life by protecting pensioner benefits including the free bus pass, TV licence and winter fuel payment
- Ensure Britain has a strong economy, so we can protect the NHS and make sure no-one is forced to sell their home to pay for care
These commitments reward those who have worked hard and done the right thing – and will secure a better future for our elderly and for Britain.