May I first wish you a very Happy New Year and best wishes for 2018.
I am greatly honoured to have been appointed as Chairman of the Conservative Party by the Prime Minister. I look forward to working with our dedicated members, volunteers across the country, and the excellent team in CCHQ as we look ahead to local elections this year.
I WANT to thank Sir Patrick McLoughlin for his commitment to the Party. Serving on the front bench under the last seven consecutive Leaders of our Party is testament to his dedication to both the country and to the Conservative cause.
I’m delighted to be joined by a talented group of colleagues who will be working with me to make our Party the best campaigning force in this country. James Cleverly, the Member of Parliament for Braintree, will be working very closely with me as Deputy Chairman.
James and I will be supported by colleagues from across the Party:
- Kemi Badenoch, MP for Saffron Walden (Vice Chairman, Candidates)
- Ben Bradley, MP for Mansfield (Vice Chairman, Youth)
- Maria Caulfield, MP for Lewes (Vice Chairman, Women)
- Rehman Chishti, MP for Gillingham and Rainham (Vice Chairman, Communities)
- Helen Grant, MP for Maidstone and The Weald (Vice Chairman, Communities)
- Andrew Jones, MP for Harrogate and Knaresborough (Vice Chairman, Business Engagement)
- Marcus Jones, MP for Nuneaton (Vice Chairman, Local Government)
- James Morris, MP for Halesowen and Rowley Regis (Vice Chairman, Training and Development)
- Chris Skidmore, MP for Kingswood (Vice Chairman, Policy)
- Paul Scully, MP for Sutton and Cheam (Vice Chairman, London)
- Alec Shelbrooke, MP for Elmet and Rothwell (Vice Chairman, International)
- David Brownlow (Vice Chairman, Campaigning)
- Dominic Johnson (Vice Chairman, Finance)
I am excited for the challenges ahead and look forward to seeing many of you on the campaign trail.
With best wishes,
The Rt. Hon. Brandon Lewis MP
Chairman of the Conservative Party