Therese has welcomed the news that crime is continuing to fall in Suffolk. Latest figures from the Independent Office for National Statistics show that since 2010 recorded crime in Suffolk has fallen by 22%.
The Government is following an action plan to tackle crime by:
- Freeing the police to fight crime by cutting red tape and scrapping unnecessary targets.
- Giving criminals tougher sentences so communities are protected and justice is done.
- Giving the police the powers they need to tackle criminals, using the latest tools and techniques.
- Stopping people from becoming criminals by tackling the root causes of crime.
- Making the police answer to the community to help drive down crime in your area.
Therese said: "This is excellent news for residents and businesses. Thanks to our plan and the hard work of Suffolk police officers recorded crime is down by 22% in Suffolk. I want our area to be an even safer place for everyone who lives here which is why we are following the action plan to tackle crime further